Carrots with Fresh Ginger Butter
Gluten-Free, Very low lactose, FODMAP friendly
Thanks to farmer, editor, and cookbook author Susie Middleton for inspiring this recipe, and for her first-rate tip on peeling fresh ginger with the edge of a spoon! Give her beautiful website a look here.
- 1 lb. fresh carrots
- 1/2” slice fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. butter
- Optional: parsley, to garnish
- Peel and slice the carrots, and set them to steam over an inch of boiling water.
- Peel fresh ginger by scraping it with the edge of a teaspoon. Grate ginger finely.
- Melt butter in a small microwave-safe bowl or custard cup. Add grated ginger to the butter. Let them mellow together, covered, until the carrots are tender.
- Place cooked carrots in a serving bowl. Pour ginger butter over them and toss lightly.
- Fresh (or crumbled dry) parsley will create some color contrast, nourishing the eyes and the soul.