Lemon Almond Basil Pesto
Gluten-free, Lactose-free, FODMAP friendly
Yield: 2 cups
Freezes beautifully in baby food jars. Try it on pasta, rice, baked potatoes, vegetables, or seafood. I particularly like it on cooked carrots.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour (almond meal)
- ¼ tsp black pepper or to taste
- 5 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt, more or less
- Place basil leaves in food processor. Add almond flour, pepper, lemon juice, and lemon zest and puree until mostly mixed.
- Slowly add the olive oil. Process until pale green and smooth.
- Mix in salt, adjusting to taste.
- Serve immediately, or cover with a film of olive oil in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate (keeps 2 weeks) or freeze (keeps until next year’s basil harvest).
- Makes 2 cups