Roasted Potato Wedges
Gluten-free, lactose-free, FODMAP friendly
This recipe is so simple that you might want to roast enough for two meals, but remember that potatoes’ carbohydrates become indigestible to many FODMAPers if you refrigerate them. Make just enough for one meal, or plan to give away your leftovers. This version generously serves two.
- One large or two small but mature baking potatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- Optional: 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced; or ½ tsp dried rosemary, ground to fine bits
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Peel potatoes. Cut into long, thin wedges—at least 8 per potato.
- Spread olive oil on a baking sheet. Rub potato wedges around in the oil, coating all of the cut and/or peeled edges. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and the rosemary if you like.
- Roast 15 minutes. Flip each wedge so a different side will contact the baking sheet.
- Roast another 20 minutes. Test for doneness by stabbing the fattest wedge with a fork or sharp knife. It should be soft all the way to the center.