Savory Peanut Butter-Cilantro Sauce
Gluten-free, Lactose-free, FODMAP friendly
This recipe originally contained honey, soy sauce, and garlic. Our FODMAP friendly version is tasty on chicken (think “satay”), rice, noodles, or vegetables, adding enough protein to create a meatless entrée.
- ½ cup good peanut butter, either creamy or chunky
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Kitchen Bouquet (optional, but it provides a nice color)
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped fresh or frozen cilantro
- 1 or 2 dashes cayenne or Tabasco
- Measure peanut butter into a bowl. Pour in the hot water, and stir until it’s smooth and well blended. Have faith. It will smooth out.
- Stir in all other ingredients.
- The original recipe specifically suggests serving over steamed broccoli. FODMAPers will want to keep their serving of broccoli fairly small, but your free-eaters will enjoy lots of it.
- This sauce keeps refrigerated for a week. Warm slightly before serving.