Simple Baked Lamb Chops
Gluten-free, lactose-free, FODMAP friendly (as always)
Even though lamb isn’t inexpensive, these are easy and delicious. Try to buy locally, humanely raised lamb. This recipe is excellent paired with Buttered Potatoes and Peas.
Yield: Serves two.
- 4 lamb chops, about ½ inch thick
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dried or fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 F. If possible, let the lamb chops come to room temperature so they will cook more quickly and evenly.
- Place chops in a shallow baking pan.
- Rub them with oil, salt, pepper, and thyme on both sides.
- Bake ten minutes. Turn them over. Bake another ten minutes—less, if they’re thinly cut.
- Test for doneness. If you took them straight out of the refrigerator, they may need to bake another five to seven minutes.
- Let them rest at room temperature for about five minutes, so the meat juices can cool a bit and won’t gush out of the meat when you cut it. Slightly cooled meat is juicier. I wish I had learned that 20 years ago.