Tuna Sandwich Filling
Gluten-free, lactose-free, FODMAP friendly
This delicious sandwich filling is reminiscent of CCF’s Herbed Tuna-Rice Salad. The fresh lemon juice makes it sing. It’s good on gluten-free bread as an open-faced or more typical closed sandwich. Try it with a bowl of Tomato Soup! We have two recipes: here and here.
- 1 can (5 oz) tuna in olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped basil, or 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 finely chopped green onion (green part only) or 1 Tbsp finely snipped chives
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Drain most of the olive oil from the tuna can, then flake the tuna in a small bowl. Add all other ingredients, mix well, and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Spread on gluten-free bread and enjoy. May we suggest Mostly Oat Yeast Bread?
Variation for your dairy-tolerant friends and family: Grilled tuna with cheese
Load up a slice of toasted bread with tuna sandwich filling, top with sliced cheese, and broil several inches from heat until cheese starts to drip off the edges. Keep the heat fairly low, so the tuna has time enough to warm through while the cheese melts.