Chicken with Orange-Mint Sauce
Gluten-free, very low lactose, FODMAP friendly
Here’s a husband-approved CCF original. I served it over rice—brown for him, white for me—with lots of vegetables on the side. If you like really saucy chicken and rice, double the sauce ingredients.
- 1 package (1/2 to 1 pound) boneless chicken breasts
- about 1 Tbsp extra-light olive oil
- 3 Tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp crumbled mint leaves*
- Cut chicken into serving pieces and sauté in olive oil.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan melt the orange juice concentrate with the butter, sprinkle with crumbled mint leaves, and simmer until serving time.
- When ready to serve, drizzle sauce over cooked chicken.
Mint is easy to grow. It’s downright weedy, in fact—so I sank an 8-inch pot in the garden and planted my mint inside it. Even so, I found a drooping stem that had started to put down roots in the soil outside! Cut back the plant once or twice per summer and dry the leaves indoors. Stripped from the stems, mint leaves keep well in glass jars for a couple of years.