Cubed Lamb in Mustard-BBQ Sauce
Gluten-free, lactose-free, FODMAP friendly
Yield: 2 servings
Each year as Easter approaches, I make a special trip to the big box store for two large boneless lamb roasts. Back at home I divide each roast into ½-2 pound quantities, package these in small freezer bags, and store the lot inside a larger bag. A small package thaws quickly in a bowl of cool water, and the large outer bag helps the lamb remain frost-proof through the year.
I’m guessing this simple zippy sauce would be good on other meats too. I love it!
- ½ lb lamb, boned, trimmed, and cut into 1” cubes
- olive oil for browning
- ½ cup BBQ sauce (FODMAP friendly recipe here)
- 2 tsp gluten-free Dijon mustard
- Brown lamb cubes in olive oil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking until the lamb is medium-rare to medium.
- While lamb cooks, mix BBQ sauce with Dijon mustard in microwaveable bowl.
- Warm the sauce mixture to serving temperature.
- Stir cooked lamb cubes into sauce.
- Serve over baked or cubed cooked potatoes, rice, or gluten-free pasta.