Green Bean Salad
Gluten-free, lactose-free, FODMAP friendly
This salad can be dressed up with other ingredients or kept simple and digestible, and it travels well.
- ½ lb green beans, fresh or frozen
- Extra-virgin olive oil to taste (optional: a touch of garlic-infused olive oil)
- Freshly snipped chives, basil, parsley, or whatever herbs you have on hand
- Snap beans into 1” lengths. I prefer snapping to slicing, because fewer seeds escape from the beans if they’re snapped.
- Steam beans to desired doneness.
- Transfer cooked beans to a serving bowl. Toss with olive oil. Cool slightly, then sprinkle with herbs. Chill.
- Feeling fancy? Garnish the bowl with a sprig of basil or parsley and a lemon wedge.
Toasted seeds or nuts, other cooked vegetables, bacon bits, or a bed of lettuce.