Gluten free, lactose free, FODMAP safe
This is true comfort food, satisfying with a piece of GF toast. If you can eat cheese, this will be great for dipping your grilled cheese sandwich. Mmmmm.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp sticky (sweet) rice flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 large can chopped or crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp sugar (or sugar-dextrose blend)
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce*
- Optional: ½ cup cooked rice
- Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in rice flour and heat together until bubbly. Stir in almond milk until smooth, bring to a boil, lower heat and cook together, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- If you have issues with tomato skins or seeds, sieve the can of tomatoes. I use a Foley food mill. Add tomatoes and other remaining ingredients and heat gently to serving temperature.
Cooking For One:
Divide in four portions. Enjoy one now, refrigerate the second portion, and freeze the other two for another time.